CONTEST PAPERS FOR BEST PAPER AWARD (BPA)
Young researchers are encouraged to contest for Best Paper by presenting their research work in the 12 Broad Subject Areas focusing on the themes related to the rebuilding of Kerala.
- The Best Paper Award carries a Certificate of merit.
- The contestants should submit an abstract & full length paper as per the stipulated guidelines.
- Only abstracts will be published in the Proceedings and the authors are free to publish the full paper elsewhere after the 31st session of Science Congress.
- Number of authors in the case of contest papers should not be more than five.
- One can submit only one paper as a main author for BPA. However one can be a co-author to maximum five submissions.
- Only the first author of the paper is allowed to upload the paper for contest. Co-authors need not upload the papers, they can register through the provision “Participation Only”.
- Upper age limit of a candidate for Best Paper Award will be 35 years as on 01.01.2019. A relaxation of five years is allowed for women and SC/ST candidates
- Candidate should be bona-fide researcher with minimum qualification of Post-graduation in science or graduation in professional courses.
- Candidates should be scientists/researcher working in Kerala or a person from Kerala working outside or anyone who is working on a problem relevant to Kerala State
- Contributions should be in any of the twelve broad subject areas (Code: 01-12)
- Application should be forwarded by the Head of the institution/department where the work is carried out.
- The work should be certified by the concerned Supervisor/Head of the Department of the contesting author.
- Candidates can choose their presentation as a contest paper or general paper and also the subject classification for their presentation. However their choice for contest/general presentations and the subject area will remain provisional.
- There will be a review panel constituted for each subject area (Code: 01-12) for scrutinising the submitted papers and deciding whether they are accepted and qualify for the contest/general presentation or rejected, subject to the score obtained during the evaluation.
- If there are no suitable contributions in a particular area chosen for the award as per the opinion of the judges, awards will not be given in that subject area.
Details on Nomination (To be submitted by the contestants)
- The nomination should contain the title of the paper with subject code and broad subject area, name, gender and date of birth of the contestant and declaration to the effect that all the prerequisites for consideration for the award are satisfied, duly certified by the Head of Institution. In the case of Universities, Heads of Departments may forward the nominations.
- Best Paper Award contestants should submit attested photocopies of documentary evidence on age, gender, SC/ST category, qualifications and experience along with filled up nomination form not later than 3rd December 2018 to :
The General Convener
FORMAT FOR THE SUBMISSION OF CONTEST PAPERS(BPA)
- The full paper without name & affiliation of authors should be in pdf/jpeg formatwith font size 12Times New Roman, in double space with margin of 30mm at the top and 25mm on all other three sides.
- Maximum number of pages shall be limited to ten and the pages should be numbered consecutively (at bottom central position) starting with the title page.
- All symbols and abbreviations should be properly defined; superscripts, subscripts and ambiguous characters should be clearly indicated.
- SI units alone should be used. Photographs if any will be printed only in black and white. Line drawings and charts those should be sharp enough for reproduction.
- All photographs and figures shall be attached separately in jpeg or tiff format to enable good reproduction. They are to be however embedded in the Microsoft Word file for the sake of completeness.
- The style of citing References in the text of the paper should be author(s) name and year in brackets.
- The listing of the References at the end of the extended abstract should be in alphabetical order as shown in the example below.
- Ravindra Kumar G R, Srikantappa C and Hansen E C (l985). Charnockite formation at Ponmudi, South India. Nature, 213: 207209.
- Williams H H and Jones A (1994). Parasitic Worms of Fish. Taylor and Francis, New York, 595.
The abstract should be uploaded with name & affiliation of authors in half page as given in the Model abstract attached below
- Title of the Paper (centre alignment, upper case, font size 12, bold)
- Name(s) and Address (es) of the Author(s) (centre alignment, title case, font size 12, names alone bold).
- The abstract should be with a small Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion and with Keywords.
- It should be in Microsoft Word with Times New Roman, font size 12 with a line space of 1.15.
|Click here to view the Model Abstract|
The Committee constituted to review the papers submitted in each subject area (Code: 01-12) will be the final deciding authority whether the papers are accepted and qualify for Contest/Oral/Poster presentation and the subject area based on the score obtained in the evaluation.
|Download Nomination Form|